YouTube error "This Video Cannot Be Played"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bella92108, Aug 30, 2010.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Not sure if it's something I've installed recently or just an issue with the jailbreak, but ever since I jailbroke my iPhone 4 I seem to get a lot of "this video cannot be played" errors in YouTube... Has anyone else had this issue? I see a lot of posting on the net about back in the iOS early days it seemed prevalent, but went away... I'd say it does it on about 50% of the videos I try to play in the youtube app.

2. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

3. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the confirmation, I was beginning to think I was crazy... or YouTube just didn't want me watching my Melrose Place clips while on the can. ;-)

Anyone have a solution?

4. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

It has nothing to do with the jailbreak, all iPhones do that, it has to do with YouTube sucking..

5. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Common man, if you're not going to contribute, don't contribute... but don't contribute BS.

I have two iPhones, one jailbroken, one not. The non-jailbroken iPhone loads videos fine in YouTube, the jailbroken one has the issue. It only began when I jailbroke the iPhone 4, never had the issue with my 3GS on iOS 4.0 when jailbroken, and don't have the issue on my non-jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 4.

Furthermore, if it were a YouTube issue, it'd present itself on the desktop and among users on other platforms (Android, WinMo).

Drives me nuts when people post nonsense just to post, and it just throws off the people who are looking for a genuine solution and have to sort through nonsense.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

to be fair, and I am not saying this is the case here, but I gotten that message on my non-jailbroken iphone many time, as I got it on my jailbroken one as well. As right now, everything seen to work fine, but I have seen it on the past.

7. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

It ISN'T BS, fine if you want to think that, but NON-jailbroken phones have this error all the time, my iP4 had the problem prior to being jailbroken. So explain that?

Coincidence? Again, my brand new iP4 had the same issue, so did my 3G, and many other non-jailbroken phones I've seen.

Have you seen how bad the desktop version lags? The desktop version has bugs just like anything else. Who knows how the mobile version interacts with the iPhone? It could be the YouTube app itself, I myself believe it's a combination of the app and certain videos not converting properly or whatever it is they do for the mobile app. I doubt other phones play YouTube videos flawlessly with no errors, even if they do run more reliably.

Take your own advice before accusing people of posting nonsense, you just don't like what you heard so for some reason you lose it, I don't have the solution, all I'm saying is that it is not the jailbreak causing this problem or so many non-jailbroken phones wouldn't have the SAME EXACT ISSUE.:rolleyes:
    If we just blame it on the JB, and not dig for the true source of the problem, it'll never be solved.

8. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Right. So the same video works fine on my iPhone 4 non-JB, works fine on my desktop Safari browser, and works fine on my iPad non-JB, yet you're blaming YouTube that it won't work on my Jailbroken iPhone...

Oye... we'll just blame problems on YouTube... JFC... so please explain why the same video works on 3 other devices (computer, iphone non jb, and ipad non jb) yet won't load on my iPhone 4 JB'd... you're so full of responses but none say anything. I'm offering concrete test and result of what works and what doesn't... you're just saying "yeah pesky youtube, always not workin...." nonproductive.

9. Black Vegeta macrumors member

Before I jailbroke my 3Gs, I had those errors before and it still happens with it jailbroken. Nothing new.

10. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

It also could do with your connection too many things that could be wrong so far I've been about the same as non jb.