YouTube Finally Materialized

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Ddyracer, Dec 6, 2014.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Material is such a beautiful design language. I love it.
    I have a Nexus 6 coming in on Monday and I'm STOKED to finally get to play around with Lollipop.

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Looks really nice.

It will be interesting to see how Android evolves going forward.

3. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I have a N5 coming and I'm also excited to try lollipop. I'm currently using an iPhone 5S. Material design looks so good.

4. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I got the Nexus 6 and MY GOD Lollipop is absolutely gorgeous. And so many apps have already been updated with the new design language and it's so satisfying. This is Android's equivalent to the iOS 7 redesign, but better.

5. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

My only concerns are getting used to a bigger size. I really like the 4" size of my 5S. Also, battery life on the N5 has me worried.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It was one of the reasons i opted for a Moto X 2014 recently to try rather than the nexus 6. Whilst undoubtably the extra battery, storage capacity go some way to make up for its extra bulk.

If i like the Moto X 2014 - I 'may' eventually end up with the Nexus 6 regardless.

7. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

That looks pretty ordinary. I quite like the design of the new Google Maps, but there's far too much red and red on white for me to like the new YouTube. The current iOS version of YouTube looks quite nice, I hope it doesn't get hit with the Material ugly stick.

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

For some reason when I saw this thread title, I thought it meant that the YouTube app was finally on windows phone.

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica