YouTube FULL SCREEN

ThomasLentati

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
United Kingdom/France
Hi guys,

when I put YouTube in full screen it sometimes (not all the time) open the window in a new desktop, and I don't like it when it does that because, it's slower and also it makes my computer get hotter than when the usual YouTube full screen opens. Is there a way to stop it from openning in a new desktop?

Thanks,

Thomas

Last edited:

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
Also, are you using Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, or other?

Since you said "Desktop" not "Space", I'm guessing you are using Lion or ML in which can you may be tripping Lion/ML's Full-Screen Mode. In which case, you may be out of luck. Lion/ML's Full-Screen mode is one of the reason's I'm still with SL.

One possibility, does anyone know if the ClickToFash extension to Safari will in effect give more control over YouTube's Full-Screen in Lion/ML?

ThomasLentati

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
United Kingdom/France
Are you using the flash or html5 player?
I'm using the special HTML5 thing from YouTube.

----------

Since you said "Desktop" not "Space", I'm guessing you are using Lion or ML in which can you may be tripping Lion/ML's Full-Screen Mode. In which case, you may be out of luck. Lion/ML's Full-Screen mode is one of the reason's I'm still with SL.

One possibility, does anyone know if the ClickToFash extension to Safari will in effect give more control over YouTube's Full-Screen in Lion/ML?
Yes I'm on ML atm. :( Don't know what that ClickToFlash thing is, will check it out though!

----------

I'm trying out FlashBlock for FireFox, I'm not a safari user and FlashBlock works like ClickToFlash, and it's actually working really well, my MBP runs cooler, just need to click when I want to whatch a Youtube vid!

stchman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Just install Flash 11.3.xx from Adobe website, it works MUCH better than HTML5 IMO.

Also, if you must use HTML 5 as you falsely believe Flash is evil, the latest Firefox renders HTML5 internally. There is no rule telling you you MUST use Safari.