YouTube FULL SCREEN

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ThomasLentati, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ThomasLentati, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

ThomasLentati macrumors member

ThomasLentati

Hi guys,

when I put YouTube in full screen it sometimes (not all the time) open the window in a new desktop, and I don't like it when it does that because, it's slower and also it makes my computer get hotter than when the usual YouTube full screen opens. Is there a way to stop it from openning in a new desktop?

Thanks,

Thomas

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

3. WSR macrumors regular

Also, are you using Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, or other?

Since you said "Desktop" not "Space", I'm guessing you are using Lion or ML in which can you may be tripping Lion/ML's Full-Screen Mode. In which case, you may be out of luck. Lion/ML's Full-Screen mode is one of the reason's I'm still with SL.

One possibility, does anyone know if the ClickToFash extension to Safari will in effect give more control over YouTube's Full-Screen in Lion/ML?

4. ThomasLentati thread starter macrumors member

ThomasLentati

I'm using the special HTML5 thing from YouTube.

----------

Yes I'm on ML atm. :( Don't know what that ClickToFlash thing is, will check it out though!

----------

I'm trying out FlashBlock for FireFox, I'm not a safari user and FlashBlock works like ClickToFlash, and it's actually working really well, my MBP runs cooler, just need to click when I want to whatch a Youtube vid!

5. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Using ML with the HTML 5 player will open fullscreen YouTube videos in a new space(desktop).

6. ThomasLentati thread starter macrumors member

ThomasLentati

Thank you! Will stop the HTML5 beta on YouTube now! :D

7. stchman macrumors 6502a

Just install Flash 11.3.xx from Adobe website, it works MUCH better than HTML5 IMO.

Also, if you must use HTML 5 as you falsely believe Flash is evil, the latest Firefox renders HTML5 internally. There is no rule telling you you MUST use Safari.