YouTube fullscreen problems in Safari

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MirekDusinojc, Dec 15, 2015.

1. MirekDusinojc macrumors newbie

MirekDusinojc

Hey everyone. Currently I'm using Safari as my default browser however I have some problem with playing video full screen. It is not playing fullscreen properly but mostly only in the quarter of the screen, as you can see on the screenshot. I had never had that problem before but lately this starts happening almost all the time. I tired to solve it by deleting cookies but it fixed the problem only temporary and deleting cookies every time is pretty inconvenient. Does anyone know some possible fix? Thank you.
    [​IMG]

2. stevemiller macrumors 65832

Was happening all of last weekend now it's normal again for me. Stuff like this happens all the time with websites updating and breaking compatibility with some browsers. It's the inevitable outcome of the constantly updating, and interconnected nature of devices and services these days.

3. Erdbeertorte, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015

Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

I have got the same problem sometimes since I updated to 10.11.3 Beta. I just found out today that I only have to click on the video and then it goes to full screen.

Edit:

I also noticed that on YouTube and iTunes if I play a video there is a symbol to connect with AppleTV. But I don't have any and never saw that before.

Strange, I just wanted to post screenshots of that and now it's gone. Also the YouTube fullscreen issue seems to be gone now.

4. pradeep4net macrumors newbie

pradeep4net

Hello All,

YouTube fullscreen problems in Safari.

How to sovle this please help.