Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
I still get some random stutter when watching 60fps video.
Each update improves the situation, but it still doesn't work as it should

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
After you buy it and install it, it says, “This extension will be able to read and alter webpages and see your browsing history on this website. This could include sensitive information, including passwords, phone numbers, and credit cards.

I don’t think I want some app developer having my google account information. Deleted
Sounds like it could be a generic message from Apple about the extension type, the developer claims the gather 0 data. Google/YouTube will definitely suck up all your data to sell.

Last edited:

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
So why the warning that it can access my passwords, phone numbers, and credit card information? It wouldn’t have the warning if it wasn’t taking that info. My YouTube account and password is also my Google account and password. How is it gaining access to phone numbers and credit card information if it’s not accessing my Google account?
Because Apple forces all developers to include that statement for this type of add on to Safari. This particular developer doesn’t use any of that information…

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I have an iPad Air 2 and an iPad Pro 2020 both YouTube app updated on version 17.42.7 the Air has the pinch to zoom. The pro doesn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

F27

macrumors member
May 24, 2022
Has the iPadOS app definitely got pinch to zoom (fill the screen) now? Seems to be mixed messages out there about it working and not working.

I have an Air 5 and don’t want to update the YT app unless I know it has this feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.