Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Everything is fine with REGULAR YouTube but as soon as i click "watch in hd" the audio is now fast forwarded and ends quite a bit before the actual video ends. Everything is now out of sync.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

bki122689

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2008
Everything is fine with REGULAR YouTube but as soon as i click "watch in hd" the audio is now fast forwarded and ends quite a bit before the actual video ends. Everything is now out of sync.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

i would try removing it from youtube and uploading it again.

can you possibly send me the link?

charlieluccini

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2008
Same Problem

I think I've done 'em all

I starded a weekly dance video series last week

and it worked well

episode too is only synced in regular version

the HD is out of sync

I uploaded it 5 times... (took me 2 days)

same all

I think its a YOUTUBE bug..

but in case anybody had solved this problem

I'd like to resolve it too

thank U

DPA

macrumors 65816
Just put "watch in normal quality if audio and video are out of sync" in the description. This is a problem that most of the HD videos are having on YouTube. It's not you fault. I have come across videos that are out of sync in HD that are from an official Feature Film channel, here. You must remember that streaming HD in as big of a screen as YouTube is offering should take longer than what it is taking to load. I do not know what kind of codecs Google has set up for the HD video to go through when uploaded but it obviously needs some tweaking. The out of sync problem is not your problem and there is really noting you can do about it. Upload your video in high quality (dv), and it won't be presented in HD, only in high quality. High quality on YouTube is usually OK but it does take some time to load (not that much).

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Exporting the video from iMovie in mono fixes the problem of out of sync audio and video.

I figured out the problem a little while ago and i figure i'd post it here so others wont have to deal with the same problem.

llanelwy

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2009
Repasting this from where i originally posted it. chosing these options fixed my sync problems in final cut express. should work for imovie though too.

Both worked for me and ended up with in sync audio. but from what i have read the 2nd way listed works more reliably.

*** Paste ***
From that article i was able to put together the following. These are two export settings that appear to work. Good to know after you Video has been rendered after upload to youtube, it takes another 1-2 hours before the option will show up to watch the HD version

Apply the Deinterlace filter mentioned above to your time line then export as follows.

Export HD for Youtube as mpeg 4

File -->Export --> Quick Time Convertion

Set the Format to be mpeg-4
Click the options button
Set the file format to be mp4

On the video tab set as follows

Video format = H.264
Data Rate = 2500
image size = 1280x720 HD

On the Audio Tab

Date Rate = 192 KBPS

Ok setting and save the file, Ready for upload to You tube. My test worked fine but i have read that people have had audio sync problems with this. if you have that problem use the 2nd way listed next.

Export HD for Youtube as Quicktime

File -->Export --> Quick Time Convertion

Set the format
Format = Quicktime Movie

Click Options

Click Settings

Set the following options leave everything else as is

Compression type = Mpeg-4 Video
Frame Rate = Set this to whatever your original frame rate was.
Quality = Best

Click ok

Click Size

Set to HD 1280x720 16:9

Click ok

Click sound

Format = AAC
rate = 44,100

Thats it. This one worked for me but took longer to output from FCE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.