Youtube help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brn2rnjk1, Aug 9, 2012.

1. brn2rnjk1 macrumors regular

I have been having no problem with youtube on my mac air for yrs. All of a sudden when I go to it it says it is loading something and hangs on loading. This started 2 days ago. I have flash plugin. I use it through safari, but this has only been a problem for 2 days?

2. radishfever macrumors newbie

I have a new mac pro and it can't play youtube either. I have not installed any flash apps or browsers just using what came with the machine(safari). Before someone jumps me realize I have just got this and mac is all new to me. My issue is youtube worked great the first day or so. Now the last few days zero playback. No playback available at this time.

I will admit being so new to mac is slightly overwhelming. I don't want to install any third party stuff if there is a chance I will create an unexpected issue. Meaning I'm clueless as to what is safe or not. That said I'm loving it and hope youtube comes back soon as I dearly love learning from video.

3. brn2rnjk1 thread starter macrumors regular

Youtube help

I cannot load any You Tube videos. Just sits there and says "loading". Not sure what to try or do.

4. brn2rnjk1 thread starter macrumors regular

I have click to flash and other flash things seem to be working. Would rather not delete and reload flash. It has been working for 2 yrs until just last week.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you haven't updated flash recently, your version may be out of date. Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.

Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.