youtube jailbreaking vids?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by gochi, Apr 1, 2011.

1. gochi macrumors 6502

Mar 31, 2011
    So, to day I was searching for some cydia tweaks on youtube and I came across this video.

It is ra1nB0wra1n jailbreak tool I think.

Does anyone know if this is legit?
  2. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

Jul 13, 2010
    Did you actually watch the video? It has nothing to do with jailbreaking.

Spam, fake.
  3. gochi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 31, 2011
    Yeah, I did, but I stopped in the middle and read the video description, which says:

Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iTunes [url][/url]
    Step 2: You will now need to first update/restore to the original iPhone OS firmware 4.3.1 on your iPhone by using the latest version of iTunes. Download link for iPhone Firmware 4.3.1 Download Link
    Step 3: Download ra1nB0wra1n by geohot to jailbreak your device:
    Download Rubyra1n:
    Rubyra1n for windows:
    Rubyra1n for Mac:
    How to download [HD]: [url][/url]
    Step 4: Start ra1nB0wra1n app. If you are on Windows 7 or Vista, run the app with Administrator Rights to avoid any errors during the jailbreak process.
    Step 5: Click on "NowJailbreak": button
    Step 6: Let the app do its thing and wait for the phone to automatically reboot.
    Step 7: You should now have "ra1nB0wra1n" in the list of applications on your iPhone. Run "ra1nB0wra1n", download Cydia and let it install it.
    Step 8: Finally reboot your iPhone. Voila! You should now have fully jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch running on firmware 4.3.1[QUOTE][QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
  4. Timisone macrumors member

Mar 16, 2011
    I have to take a survey to download the file. Sounds fake to me
  5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

Jul 28, 2010
    Gee, do you think????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????