Youtube Mac Rant

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mr.roboto, Sep 2, 2007.

1. mr.roboto macrumors newbie

mr.roboto

2. Mistershark macrumors regular

The dull background, the bland material, the annoying music. That nearly put me to sleep. Typical YouTube.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I think that if anyone watched more than 10 seconds of that they need to find better things to do. After his first sentence I could see he was going to talk about games the whole 6 minutes.

I think rather than talk down Macs he should take a little break and realize how much of an idiot he is for recording this whole thing, putting the music to it, editing it like that, and then going through the effort to put it on the internet.

This whole thing probably took him hours to make, which if you think about it, could have been better spent playing Counter-Strike.

4. 66217 Guest

I couldn't stand it for more than a minute.

This guy is so pathetic, it seems he doesn't even know a little about Macs. If at least he was funny, but NO, he was as boring as hell.

But well, no everybody is meant to be perfect. Only us MacRumors and Mac users are meant for perfection.:D

5. EricBrian macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

That guy is a perfect example as to why you should stay away from crack! :)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

He doesn't look like he's bathed recently. And after the first 30 seconds babbling about video games, I closed the window. Whatever.

7. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Sometimes I let these types of things bother me. Then I just think, "Wait a minute. I'm much smarter than this guy. He clearly knows very little about the subject matter. There is no right click? He says that it is unfortunate that the Mac does not run on DOS? That is just laughable. He could only be so lucky in Windows ran on Unix."

I stopped watching after that bit. Let's face it. This is always going to happen. But we are the more intelligent computer users. Period.

8. AppleFan08 macrumors member

who plays games on PCs anymore? this guy needs to get a girlfriend...he obviously has a lot of time on his hands. Maybe if he got a mac, a nice girl might actually give him the time of day.

also, he needs to get his facts straight. macs do have right click bitch.

9. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Don't ask me why, but I actually wrote a nice replay to him, but Youtube wouldn't let me post over 500 Characters, and I don't feel like wasting more time splitting it up, but I'll post it hear for the heck of it.

I can't believe im wasting my time on ths, but here it goes...

Your a moron, lean what the heck your talking about before you make an idiot out of yourself.... Oops Im sorry too late! Ha Ha Ha!! You don't know anything about Macs, the only reason the web browser froze is because Myspace sucks because 12 year olds add soo much crap to their page that most browsers have trouble with some pages. As for Ctrl+Alt+Del, thats a WINDOWS thing. Right click on the web browser icon in the DOCK, and click Force Quit, and the web browser goes away, and unlike Windows doesn't crash the whole system, easier then Ctrl+Alt+Delete. If you'd rather waste time and press 3 buttons you can press Opt+Cmd+Esc on a Mac, select your program and click force quit. and force quit the program, you can also do it from Activity Monitor, or the Terminal, but thats probably too complicated for you to grasp.

As for right click, NEWS FLASH Macs come with 2 BUTTON mice now, have you seen this thing it's called a Mighty Mouse, and it has 2 BUTTONS a left and a RIGHT, you can right click to your hearts content. When you delete something on a Mac it's not really deleted either. And DOS has nothing to do with the reason deleted files are recoverable, that is just the way file systems work. DOS is just a way to retrieve deleted files. You can do the exact same thing on a Mac with the proper utilities "if your life depended on it". And it will be a built in feature in OS X 10.5, much easier then using DOS. As for gaming getting a a PS3 or a Wii. BTW I can tell your video was made on a PC because it sucks. Next time you plan on ranting I suggest you get your facts straight.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

that was cute.

11. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

He reminds me of someone I argue with frequently about Macs, but it's not him. Anyway, he should get his facts right... ignorance...

12. kygeographer macrumors member

Gee, a Mac store filled with Macs! Who would have thought?

I think his dislike for Mac comes from his own ignorance.

Update two minutes later: My head hurts from having watched this. No points awarded to "CreativeFilmMaker"

13. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I've long since decided that videos, websites, forums, newsgroups (anyone ever read comp.sys.mac.advocacy?) like this exist solely to yank people's chains.

Your mind is made up. His mind is made up (if indeed he really does hold to the opinion which he presents). So, c'mon, what's the point?

14. M3G4 macrumors regular

lol, it's like the IT guys at my job. They hate macs, and groaned when I unfolded mine to do some work. Funny thing is, when I asked them why they hated macs so much, they didn't really know.

I really don't understand some people... :confused:

EDIT...

LOL. So sure of himself. Jumping video? Yawn... again. Ebaumsworld has more than enough, thanks. Talentless AND unoriginal.

15. CHROMEDOME macrumors regular

durrrr macs can't play games

durrr one butan duur

16. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

+1 Gaming seems to be THE BIGGEST reason people (ok, males between 14-25) say Macs suck. I used to be one. Now Im 33 and a Mac user :)

I actually made it about a minute. Yes, I do need better things to do :)

17. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

That's what I thought about that quote as well. Heh.

He shows his immaturity by this video. I can't believe I actually listened to the entire thing.

18. gazelleintense macrumors regular

gazelleintense

he should talk about how great windows xp and vista are... then the video would be much shorter.

he's not only annoying, but misimformed too.

19. Queso macrumors G4

What a tool :rolleyes:

Really, nothing much else to say....

20. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Im a glutton for punishment, I went back last night and watched the whole thing.

Basically 3 areas why macs suck IHO (in his opinion):

1) games - PCs are better at gaming than macs. Wow, no one knew this :rolleyes:

2) dos - macs dont run dos. While I think this is actually a good thing, he doesnt. Because you know, "if you delete an important file in windows you can go into dos and restore it." On a mac, you typically cant get to those important files so the chance of deleting one is very, very slim. But apparently to him this is a bad thing.

3) lights and stuff - he'd rather have a big tower with a big plexiglass window to see his neon lights and led fans. At this point in my life, less is more.

21. bartelby macrumors Core

His other videos reinforce just how much of a boring tool he is too...:)

22. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well, we know that DOS was based on QDOS, which stood for "Quick and Dirty Operating System"

and DOS lost the "Quick" part

:p

23. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

You know, he does have a point.

I mean, it's not like I'm playing HL:2 on my iMac with ~120 FPS or anything.

Srsly.

24. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I can't think of a single person I know who plays hardcore games on their computer. Most people just do e-mail, web browsing, and iTunes (c'mon, everybody has an iPod), and most people don't seem to care as long as it gets them there, though many more people are now considering a Mac because it makes those simple tasks even easier.

~*~*~*~

YouTube has given the opportunity of soapboxing to way too many people...

25. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

lol... the way he makes out the multicoloured light, see through glass panel, LED fan ugly PC boxes look better than the simple design of macs... has he seen the new iMac??