Youtube Major Problems

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by reluttr, Apr 27, 2012.

1. reluttr macrumors member

I have noticed with each update to flash or OS X youtube get a little more buggy.

It started with the last update to flash, any youtube video watched in one of the embedded video players would lag, lock up, loose sound, or be generally laggy and unstable. Thinking nothing of it, I just developed the habbit of clicking the "youtube" link in embeded videos to just watch them on youtubes site.

Up to this point I could watch videos ON the YouTube site fine. Sure there was the occasional hiccup but nothing major.

Then last night I had a OS X update pop up. Now I cant even watch youtube videos on the youtube web page. It actually gets so bad that it can lock up the web browser and the entire operating system.

Does anyone know of a proper fix to this?

Running Firefox on OS X Lion on Current gen 27' iMac

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) As far as performance impact, YMMV.