Youtube not uploading video from Compressor [H.264]

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jamesdrm, Mar 17, 2012.

1. jamesdrm macrumors newbie

I'm trying to upload a video to youtube from FCP X, and exported through compressor 4 as a h.264 .mov.

After selecting the file in the browser, the youtube page seemingly does nothing and the little uploading graphic thing it does doesn't display.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? It's a 350mb 720p clip.

2. simsaladimbamba

In order to find out, what may be wrong with your video, you can use the following three applications to analyse a sample video file.
    When done, you can use the "Report" (VideoSpec) and "Export" (Media Inspector) button to export a report,
    attachable to your next post via the [​IMG] button.
    In MediaInfo you have to go to the Menu Bar, select View > Text and copy the text via CMD+A > CMD+C and paste it via CMD+V into your next post.

3. jamesdrm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply!

I've attached a videospec report

Attached Files:

4. simsaladimbamba

Looks okay to me. What was the source? And you obviously did use the YouTube preset? In what Compressor version?
    And you can actually select the file, as far as I understand, and then press "Choose", is that correct?
    [​IMG]
    It is the part after that, that is not happening?

Have you tried another browser? Or tried resetting your browser?

5. jamesdrm thread starter macrumors newbie

Source is from a FCP X project. Then using the 720p preset in compressor 4.0.3.

And that's correct, I can select the file in the upload browser and then nothing happens.

I just tried with another video and the same happens, except the video actually uploads. Nothing on the upload page indicates this, however. The video just appears as "processing" in my youtube video manager.

The same happens on chrome and firefox.

Perhaps I should just set it up and leave it overnight, hoping it uploads?

Really confused as to what this could be

6. simsaladimbamba

I just uploaded a small video to YouTube, though from ScreenFlow, and it worked.
    Why not use FCP X' Share to YouTube feature?
    [​IMG]

7. jamesdrm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help! Just leaving it alone and letting it upload seems to have worked - albeit without any graphical prompts or upload % given. Hopefully it's just a glitch

Thanks! :)

8. simsaladimbamba

And why don't you use FCP X to upload to YouTube?

9. cgbier macrumors 6502a

That is normal. To see if something is going on, use the Share Monitor from FCP (dunno if it's built into Compressor also).
    Your video won't appear on the YT website before it is "done".