youtube not working on mountain lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RH5, Jul 25, 2012.

1. RH5 macrumors newbie

2. mike3141 macrumors newbie

Since YouTube is Flash based you might want to try reinstalling the Flash player.

3. RH5 thread starter macrumors newbie

no i have that installed already. i was started watching 1 video about a minute of it started playing then the page refreshed and just a black screen on the video same with every other video now

4. HighEndMac macrumors regular

I had the same issue, some videos would show and play other were just black. I never figured it out before returning my rMBP. I figured it was something ML would solve.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Having something installed is not the same as reinstalling it.

6. RH5 thread starter macrumors newbie

i did a fresh restore of mountain lion and manually installed it after along with many other stuff, don't think reinstalling it will do anything as i just installed it today

7. Drask macrumors regular

Did you try with any other browser?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

9. br3nt macrumors member

won't solve your problem but this is what I'm using on my "couple-of-days-old-waiting-for-ML-redeem-code-2.3-16gb-256-retina"

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1403890

10. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

I also have problems with flash player, but its only with Safari. Try running it on Chrome or Firefox.

11. riay388, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012

riay388 macrumors member

Here is an attachment of Adobe Flash plug in - (before updating)

and one after...

Update: Even after I updated Flash Player, Youtube still doesn't work. Maybe Youtube has to change their video input or ML has to adjust! I miss seeing my Youtube videos! I mean i can watch them if I click on a specific video in my safari history, but not the homepage.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

Attached Files:

12. JatoFire macrumors newbie

13. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Check guide in my sig.