youtube on imac 2011

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PrincessQuyen, May 8, 2011.

1. PrincessQuyen macrumors newbie

im new with imac and im having problems installing flash player to watch youtube. any help will work. thanks

2. sanity macrumors member

How about starting out by letting us know what problems you are having installing flash player. Getting an error or what?

3. PrincessQuyen thread starter macrumors newbie

i click on the link that youtube provides to install flash player. then i'll download it and the icon will appear on the desktop. it will then tell me that the download was successful and to close the browser. i did that and went back on the youtube site and it still says that i need to download the latest flash player. am i missing a step in between?

4. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Did you actually install it after downloading it? Downloading doesn't install it automatically.

5. PrincessQuyen thread starter macrumors newbie

i clicked on the the flash player icon and it says install adobe flash player

6. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

So you did install it? It said, "Installation Complete"? You might try restarting the computer and see if it still doesn't work.

7. kevin2223 macrumors member

Click on "Install Adobe Flash Player," proceed with the steps. When you are done, exit and quit Safari/other browser fully. Flash should then be installed.

8. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Yes, make sure you actually "Quit" the browser. Only closing the window won't work.

9. PrincessQuyen thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, i restarted the computer and its working now. thanks.

and thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. i'm very thankful to have found this website as everyone is so helpful.