youtube on iphone

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FearNo1, May 20, 2009.

1. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

I plan to put some videos on youtube to be viewable on iphone and have a couple of questions:

1. What bit rate (audio/video) do you recommend for talking head video? I want it to be playable via 3G with a clear picture with minimal to no buffering.

2. Is there a way I can get more than 10 minutes of video on youtube? I searched on youtube but could not find an answer

Any other tips or suggestions are appreciated. I will be converting the video from DVD using the Fair Use application. Thx in advance...

2. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

I know you can get more than 10 minutes (as I've watched 1 & 2 hour long videos on there myself). Not exactly sure if it's an account thing or what. I've never uploaded a video longer than a few minutes, so I can't say for certain, but I recently watched a 1 hour video last night.

Bitrate wise, I would just load up the highest quality. YouTube will automatically downgrade the picture quality when streaming over Edge/3G anyway, regardless of what the original quality was. That's why YouTube on the iPhone looks amazing on WiFi, but no so much on Edge/3G.

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Youtube no longer has the 10 minute limit. It has the 100 mb limit these days. So if you want 1 hour, you need to get really low resolution (or a deal with youtube).

4. FearNo1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really...I did not know that. The site still mentions 10min limit. I googled the question about the length of video on youtube, the results said 10 mins too..hmm

5. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

its actually a 1 gig limit