YouTube on MBP Safari 5.1.10

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Sorry if this has been covered before, I've been living with it for ages, but have to ask.... Why when you're on YouTube and you click another video down the right hand side does it only change the title of the page/video, but the video you're already viewing will not change for the one you've just clicked? It just stays on the same one you've just viewed?

Is this a Mac/Safari thing or does it happen for most? It's a right pain, Only way to get that one playing is to, after you've clicked one, you then have to refresh page to view it, whereas in the good old days it just played when you clicked on them?

2. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

Happens to me to on my desktop. Youtube is so bloated.. What horrible code. They just added layer after layer after layer of code and filler on to it.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

doesn't make sense that you can't click on another vid and it doesn't start playing...

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Is this just a Safari thing then? I thought more people would have said, 'yeh that happens to me'. So am more confused as to why this should happen now

5. Eithanius macrumors 65816

6. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Well if you can work it out, let me know.
    I'll assume you sometimes get the white screen when you click full screen in YouTube too? Another problem...