YouTube on the iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by afousek, Jul 29, 2009.

1. afousek macrumors member

Does anyone else have trouble with YouTube on their iPhone 3GS? I will be at home on my wi-fi connection and will continually have issues with YouTube. I will search for a video, launch it, it will play for a few seconds, and then just stop. The pause button will convert to the play button, but you can't resume the video. Then, eventually, it will just lock up and say "Can't connect to YouTube." Every other app works fine over my wi-fi. This happens at full signal strength BTW.

2. A2-Mac-Guy macrumors newbie

Same here. Locks up about 3/4 of the way through a video that's 4min long or longer.

3. A2-Mac-Guy macrumors newbie

And for the record, I tried dl'ing the same youtube vids at the apple store on their iPhones and the same thing happened.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

i used to think it was AT&T, but i've tried to view the same video on my Sprint BB at the same time as well and it would be slow. YouTube sucks.

a lot of professional content is pre-positioned around the internet so that you access the copy closest to you. YouTube only lives on Google controlled servers