Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stutzedward

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
HI All,

I am using 3G and I realize after I upgarded to 3.1.2, I have problem watching YouTube. At first, I thought it was the connection speed problem as it takes very long to spool a video. When I watch it over my home DSL thru WiFi, it was also very slow. Watching YT using my home PC was no problem at all.

I asked my friend whose also using 3G, she told me she encountered the same problem. We both felt that before 3.1.2, YT speed was very fast. Any comments and is this due to the OS problem?

Thanks.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
To be honest I don't think its 3.1.2. I am pretty sure it's YouTube itself that is having some kind of overload or what not. I have a 16MB internet connection that for the first couple of minutes boosts up to 21MB and yet YouTube videos are loading incredibly slow, constantly freeze and sometimes don't even load up.

This is on my computer and iPhone.

stutzedward

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

But when I view the same video in my PC, it's fast. So does it mean that the channel for iPhone to get the files are different compared to PC? If so, then it's YT's problem. :S

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
To be honest I don't think its 3.1.2. I am pretty sure it's YouTube itself that is having some kind of overload or what not. I have a 16MB internet connection that for the first couple of minutes boosts up to 21MB and yet YouTube videos are loading incredibly slow, constantly freeze and sometimes don't even load up.

This is on my computer and iPhone.

I agree.
Mine does the same thing at times even when connected to my homes Wifi network with a 20MB download speed.

Mademan12321

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
Same here. It will load decently with small files but 10 minute files take forever. On my ohone and home PC.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Yep it's definitely a YouTube problem. It's been so sluggish lately. Someone needs to upgrade/add servers and their name starts with a G :p

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
my youtube is fine.... however my subscriptions aren't working anymore... i can't view like the most recently updated for each individual subscription and it's bugging me

danielckl88

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2009
Dear All,

Please do not bias to the YouTube only. IN THIS CASE the problem is that we can play the youtube video from other device via WiFi except iphone 3gs (i do not know if other iphone owner with 3.1.2 facing the same problem or not, but please let me know if your iphone with same firmware version having the same problem) - access youtube via wifi then very SLOW but others like safari and apps download is faster . Though accessing youtube from safari but also the same. Using 3G is fine although the resolution quality is not as good as wifi.

Thanks

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I've had this problem with YouTube on my iphone for as long as I can remember (both on my 3G and my 3GS). It doesn't seem to matter if I'm on wifi or 3G either - videos are either extremely slow to load or they don't load at all. Even when they do load partially, if I rewind a bit of the video to watch it again the video won't even start playing again. It's very frustrating because I never have this issue on my computer - there's definitely something wrong with the youtube app on the iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.