YouTube playing in standby mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maxpayne.co.uk, Jul 21, 2010.

1. maxpayne.co.uk macrumors member

...Is there any way to do this? I want to use it walking around and having live bands and stuff playing through youtube which I can do already - but I want to do it without wasting battery by having the screen on and without it turning the wifi off.

Any help would be appreciated. My iPhone 3GS is jailbroken with cydia.

2. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

There's been a few occasions where I have wanted to do this too but as soon as you hit the sleep button the video just stops playing, would love to know if there is a way to keep it playing (A Jailbroken App maybe) although I'm pretty sure there isn't a way :(

3. SinYakuza macrumors newbie

I thought everyone knew this. Just double tap the home button and push play to continue playing the video while in standby mode. I've been doing this since the first iphone came out. I hope they never fix it.

4. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I can't believe that I never found this out, I have been an iPhone user for 4 years now and I never knew you could do this! Thanks for the tip anyway :D

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This works most of the time. But I find that if listening to music using the iPod app then switching to YouTube. All that happens is that the iPod starts playing again. The fix, force close/kill the iPod app.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I didn't know either! Thanks SinYakuza.