Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goldengloves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2009
Just a few days ago , I cannot browse on youtube. The page freezes. So I close it by pressing the red close page button on safari. I cant even leave comments. Whats wrong and what do I need to do to bring everything back to normal ?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
What browser are you using? Is Flash up to date? What plugins are installed? Which OS version are you running?

DRMJmac

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
I have the same problem. :confused: you could watch the video but the second you try to scroll or click for another vid you realize the screen is frozen. is it because of youtube's new layout, because this happened the second youtube "upgraded"

Arrandale

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Just a few days ago , I cannot browse on youtube. The page freezes. So I close it by pressing the red close page button on safari. I cant even leave comments. Whats wrong and what do I need to do to bring everything back to normal ?

flash for the mac is terrible

go to youtube settings and lower the quality. does the problem persist?
check if your fans are running fine or if the cpu is overheating. i found that putting my laptop on a cooling stand helped the flash stutter considerably (i use the too-oft reviewed belkin wave cooler, it's like 10 bucks or something)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.