Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gooner4Life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
So, I just finished a video for Youtube, which I've been working on for a few months. I've been using a Dazzle Video Capture for Mac and all my other videos have been working fine and playing in High Quality. My latest one uploaded fine, but the quality is awful and no matter what I put in the URL (&fmt=18 etc.), the video will not play in any better quality. I read about a Youtube hack type thing, that allows you to play in very high quality by uploading an .flv file with some tuned settings.

So I ask you this, firstly does anyone know a way round the initial HQ setting problem and does anyone know of a file converter for Mac that's free and that allows you to change the bit rate etc.

Thanks for any help

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
First, remember that HQ may take a while to get a conversion for. If you look back now, it may have finally appeared.

Make sure you followed TBs recommendations. Since you are talking HQ and not HD, I think you want to double check that you are uploading a video with enough resolution. Open it in QuickTime and use Command-I to review the actual size (Normal Size) settings.

I don't know your experience, but my guides might help a bit.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, the conversion just took a while in the end ;)

I'm dealing with this same issue. Uploaded a HQ-quality video (640x360), higher than the 600kbps threshold, and almost 24 hours later, still no HQ option.

It seems like in the past high quality option was available almost immediately. I see three days between the original post and your last saying the problem was resolved. It this to become standard issue now?

Gooner4Life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Yeah, I didn't post immediately but it took over a day for the High Quality option to appear. Just be patient, if it still doesn't come up after a week, either re-upload it or change the settings and codec. By the way, have you tried all of the URL tricks? (&fmt=18, (6) (22)

socercraft2323

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
I cant watch a video on youtube

Everytime i try to watch a movie on youtube (normal quality and high quality) its give me a message saying " Were sorry, this video is no longer available." I tried with a friend if its a problem with youtube. He could play the same video but i couldnt. I am using a Mac OS X Intel Core Duo 2.16 GHz with 2 GB of memory. PLEASE HELP ME!!! :confused:

cyberfriend

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
It download video from youtube or any other websites automatically,
It can also Convert flv video to any audio include MP3, wma,wav,ac3,mmf,amr,ogg,aac to any video formats include 3gp,avi,wmv, mpg,mpg4,asf,swf,h264,mov,jpg, that can be support by PSP,iPod,iPhone

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Everytime i try to watch a movie on youtube (normal quality and high quality) its give me a message saying " Were sorry, this video is no longer available."

I had the same problem a couple months ago. I just needed to update Flash Player. Go to Adobe's website, download the latest version and see if that solves the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.