YouTube problems or Flash?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Peter Franks, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

Peter Franks macrumors 68000

Whenever I'm on YouTube the videos take forever, and even when the bar has hit the end, it still stops all the time. I thought it would just be a case of waiting for the whole thing to download till the bar reaches the end and then it should play OK. But, it still just keeps stopping all the time. Is there any other way to view YouTube or is it a Flash thing? I think it's since the last Flash update, but possibly not. On other sites with Flash, I keep getting the 'Flash has unexpectedly crashed' etc... etc..

Maybe the title of this thread should have been called 'Flash Problems'

2. sleinad macrumors member

Flash always gives me headaches. I had a similar problem few updates ago, and the only solutions I found was to completely uninstall (remove) everything "flash" related and install it again.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 68000

Is that just a question of removing from Apps and install again? Where did you remove from?

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Someone please let me know what and where to remove from. Surely it's not just the icon that's Flash.

Ah, I remember the good old days of being able to watch YouTube without it stopping every 5 seconds.... (sigh)

God, I miss Windows.... (snigger)
    That'll get someone's attention.

5. AdrianK macrumors 68020

6. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Yeah try the html5 option or the feather beta. Personally id use Chrome as my browser as Youtube performance is much improved compared to Safari IMO

http://www.youtube.com/testtube

7. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks guys. I'll check that out
    Is that HTML available when viewing Flash on other sites?

8. AdrianK macrumors 68020

It is if you use ClickToFlash on Safari (also essential imo), not sure about other browsers.

9. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 68000

Ahh right. Thanks
    Thought that was just an on/off switch for Flash. Thank you