YouTube - Processing Video for Almost 36 Hours

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by John Doe 57, Aug 20, 2009.

1. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

How long should it take to process a 3 and a half minute long video in 720p? The video size is 592MB. I have uploaded 146 videos to YouTube and have never seen anything like this.

It took over 90 minutes to Upload it and since it was uploaded (1:30AM) it has not finished processing.

Thanks.

2. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

3. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

1. dont bump your topic
    2. use blip tv
    3. is here really the place to post this
    4. It's advice needed so don't answer the question above....
    5.hope this helps

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That certainly sounds plausible.

6. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Umm ... Yes it is MacRumors which has Macintosh help, and this is the Mac Basics and Help forum.

And why would I use Blip TV? I want the video to be on YouTube. That defeats the purpose of this thread.

7. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

10 min max

8. Mariangelica macrumors newbie

Your answer and a question.

John, it should take around 10- 20 minutes maximum.
    Is it possible that your internet may have faltered while it was uploading?

Also, I made an account on this forums site, simply because I read an earlier post of yours explaining that if we sent you our email you could try and help out into getting us iMovie HD6. I really crave that program, and have tried to make do with the 09 version. I was wondering if you could help me out into getting the 06 version.

I had an iMac, desktop with iLife 06, I never updated it to iLife08, but it broke down and I ended up trading it for a new MacBook, now this came with the iLife08, and because iMovie08 sucks beyond repair, I bought iLike09 because it's slightly better. But I still miss HD6 very much, and was wondering if you had a file of the program you could help me set up.

It would be very much appreciated.

PS: Hope the youtube uploading works out.

And I would have messaged you if I knew how =]

Thanks
    Mariangelica

9. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

I just post a 10 minute 720P to youtube tonight, it took 60 minutes to up load, and took 5 hours to process, iMovies reported that the video did not transmit, but it did.

I publish straight from iMovies 9, it makes life simple.

try uploading again.

10. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

iMovie HD: http://www.brothersoft.com/apple-imovie-hd-download-224081.html (Google is your friend :D).

11. clearwater macrumors newbie

In the last 30 hours I have tried to upload and process the same video 3 times to YouTube. It is 6min18secs in length, was produced in iMovie HD6, wa compressed on my iMac and was then sent to YouTube via QuickTime. It is originally a Mpeg4 file in iMovie; I don't know if moving it via QuickTime changes it to a mov format.

The wheel keeps spinning even after 4 hours and twice I have clicked on the movie image on YouTube to watch it before it completes the processing. Both times the image was very bad with faces blurred to the point of nonrecognition. I assume this is because of the movie not being adequately processed. I've posted 1 movie to YouTube before, which was made in iMovie HD6 last year, with no problem and the images were relatively good quality.

Not sure what's going on but reuploading obviously isn't working for me. I've read the advice here and wonder if I should re-edit the movie and then try to save that version to documents before compressing it for YouTube.

Any suggestions?

12. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Happened to me once. Your gonna have to re-upload it.

13. Jelite macrumors 6502a

I tried to upload one yesterday with Q X and it was still processing this morning so i just deleted it and know all is fine.

14. clearwater macrumors newbie

I posted the video on blip.tv and it had the video up and running in a mere 20 seconds. The video looked the same as the preview I saw on YouTube while it processed the video.
    ~~
    A reference to the processing time on YouTube from another source.
    http://www.mariposahd.tv/critique_of_youtube_upload_process