Youtube Question- To Episode or Not To Episode :D

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jwheeler, Jan 5, 2011.

1. jwheeler, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011

jwheeler macrumors regular

Hi Guys

I have a question. Me and two of my more creative friends started writing a sketch show in the summer last year. We had a number of ideas down but no scripting. Well since we were back from uni for the hols, we got round to scripting the first 9-10min episode. We're gunna write the rest and hopefully start filming in easter, maybe summer (although we have plans for another project for the summer)

My question is: Should we release them as episodes, or as individual sketches.

We like the idea of 10 min episodes as some of our sketches interlink, but obviously you won't get discovered as easily as some one with loads of videos. So individual videos for each sketch sounds good too. I suppose another option is to make a playlist containing the different sketches for each episode.

Thoughts?

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

It really doesn't matter how many videos you have, its the quality of them, and how they are tagged and linked to other similar things that will get you subscribers, fans, views etc.

3. jwheeler thread starter macrumors regular

So if we have good ten minute episodes released maybe twice a month, you're saying that it would do the same as say 2 of the individual sketches a week.

Cool, we prefer episodes so... :p

4. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

5. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Im saying it should do... I mean, quality should always take preference over quantity on youtube - because not only will you get more people returning, their more likely to recommend you around etc

6. jwheeler thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking we could still do them as episodes. But upload each sketch separately (about 1-2mins each) and put them in a playlist. But I think we'll actually have enough of other content anyway (like stuff from our band).