Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Why is it that my YouTube subscription is missing videos depending on whether I sign into my account on my iPhone or my PC?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Why is it that my YouTube subscription is missing videos depending on whether I sign into my account on my iPhone or my PC?

I've encountered some weird issue where from time to time a video in the YouTube app will say it can't play as the device doesn't support the file type. I'm guessing your phone is automatically filtering the results so that it shows only the videos that will be able to play on your phone.

Just a wild guess.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I'm guessing your phone is automatically filtering the results so that it shows only the videos that will be able to play on your phone.
This is strange and I don't understand it because the iPhone plays YouTube video. So I don't get why some play and other don't. I noticed this same issue when trying to watch YouTube videos on my Tivo. Some of them show up and some don't.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
YouTube has had a long-standing issue with the subscription box on every level imaginable. Sometimes videos don't show up, sometimes they keep re-appearing, sometimes they won't go away period. It's just something they haven't yet perfected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.