Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
I have an airport extreme running 22mbps and every time I play a YouTube video i get an instant 10-20 second load and then a complete stoppage of loading.

Speedtest shows I'm getting high speeds to my pad.

Any ideas??

Super annoying

I know the web version is better, but if you click a YouTube link it goes straight to the app.

historyteacher

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
I've been experiencing it to. I'm using a time capsule. It is hit or miss. Sometimes fine and other times a 2 minute video takes forever to load if it does at all.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Me too

Happens to me too, sometimes it just stops, only with the YouTube app, also when I want to add a favorite it says: "YouTube not available" and sometimes it adds the video to favorites and sometimes it doesn't.

This looks like a YouTube bug. Nothing to do with the iPad, Internet or the router.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
I had the same problem at first, and it helped to connect to a different Wifi signal, en then back again.
I used MyWi iphone signal to connect to.

it seemed to have resolved itself, and have had no more problems with YouTube

patp

Apr 10, 2008
did any of you update to the latest firmware? once i did my youtube issues stopped.

do a search.

Lotso

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
OC, California
This happens to me also. I seem to think it depends on what video your loading. Some videos from the same user load all the time and some just never load.

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
Have not updated yet due to losing jailbreak.

Thanks for the info though.

Anyone else had problem fixed via update?

Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.