YouTube Safari issue revisited

Discussion in 'macOS' started by KLinPA, Mar 29, 2013.

  1. KLinPA, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013

    KLinPA macrumors regular

    KLinPA

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2012
    Location:
    PA
    #1
    My friend is having this issue on his iMac running 10.7.5.
    YouTube videos hang up or won't play in Safari.

    What we've done (previous fixes on other threads)
    *flash is up to date
    *removed all website data
    *checked HTML5 trial -not enrolled
    *Looked for nc-pcc-dir-shockwave plug in - not there
    *changed Safari to 32 bit mode
    *Installed clicktoflash extension - no change

    Maybe we didn't quit/relaunch safari after performing a step. I honestly can't remember. But the computer has been shut down and powered on since we tried everything with no change.

    We tried Chrome which had the same issue. He didn't want to try Firefox but maybe I can change his mind.

    Everything did work correctly in a brand new user.

    Thoughts on next steps? I appreciate the help.
     
  2. justperry macrumors 604

    justperry

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Location:
    In the core of a black hole.
    #2
    What issue, you don't say.:eek:

    If the "issue" is not there in a new User you know you have to find the solution in the ~/Home/Library Folder
     
  3. KLinPA, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013

    KLinPA thread starter macrumors regular

    KLinPA

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2012
    Location:
    PA
    #3
    Sorry, I had originally posted this in a previous thread. I edited my original post >YouTube videos quit playing or won't play altogether in Safari.

    My friend is on vacation, so troubleshooting will have to continue when he gets back.

    Again, I appreciate any ideas to fix this.

    Thanks.
     
  4. justperry macrumors 604

    justperry

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Location:
    In the core of a black hole.
    #4
    If I had access to your computer I probably would fix this within an hour, the problem is in your User Account so it can be solved.
    I had something similar a while ago and I fixed it so you should be able too.

    The problem is you need to have another Admin account or root user enabled, then you could rename folders inside your Library one by one until it works, you then know in which folder the problem resides.
    But, you have to be extremely careful, for instance the /Users/yourname/Library/keychains can't be renamed, if you do it could prevent logging into the user account.
     

Share This Page