Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
its ridiculous, check out the attachment, youtube doesnt display right, nor does safari, if i goto a different page in safari, its okay, on youtube, youtube is messed up as well as safari!!! that page in youtube is my video, and im trying to reply to the comments, but i cant!!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    962.2 KB · Views: 184

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
I usually use Firefox, but I opened up Safari to check this for you.

The page is working fine for me.

Have you tried refreshing the page?

If that's your video, good job!

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
No problems for me, and I am a YouTube junkie!

same, i have a lot of people who depend on me to answer their question about this phone, ive made over 37,000 views on the whole series

I usually use Firefox, but I opened up Safari to check this for you.

The page is working fine for me.

Have you tried refreshing the page?

If that's your video, good job!

yes, ive restarted, everything, its only on my computer, i have firefox on my system, i tried it, everything is working, but i cant sign in on firefox, and theres no way im switching to firefox, i just have it for kicks and just in case, just for the heck of it, and thanx, you watched the video?

Do you have an ad-blocker installed?

no, not at all, its just all of a sudden, no changes to the system

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
Please tell me you restarted. Hate this panic threads that are fixed with a re-boot! hehe

edit: lol...read that you did.... this is freaken odd.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
please dont tell me you didnt read my whole other post, i said ive restarted, its un fixable!!! ah!!!!:confused:

Well if ya used sentences properly I may not have read over it like I did. :D

I wonder if the "reset" Safari function would work. I am betting not, and that may turn into a bigger pain since you will loose some settings.

Did you try a refresh while holding the shift key down?

Also I wonder if its a provider issue, something on a caching server.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Well if ya used sentences properly I may not have read over it like I did. :D

I wonder if the "reset" Safari function would work. I am betting not, and that may turn into a bigger pain since you will loose some settings.

Did you try a refresh while holding the shift key down?

Also I wonder if its a provider issue, something on a caching server.

how about opening it in rosetta mode? should i give it a try? problem is, when i opened a new tab and clicked on youtube in my bookmarks bar the refresh button disappeared:eek:lmao, i went back to this tab, and poof, it came back.

...5 seconds later...

its fixed!!!!!! for some reason it is!!! WOOHOO!!! but ill repost if something goes wrong again, im a little suspicious, the page is loading in a weird fashion:eek:

...3 minutes later...

the video screen wont show up!!!! is it a flash problem?!?! this is like how it started last time!!!

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
VERY weird...

Did you empty the Safari Cache? Maybe delete Safari prefs. Since it appears nothing is wrong with anything else, just Safari, its hard to trouble shoot.

For giggles, setup a new user account and try Safari from there....

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
VERY weird...

Did you empty the Safari Cache? Maybe delete Safari prefs. Since it appears nothing is wrong with anything else, just Safari, its hard to trouble shoot.

For giggles, setup a new user account and try Safari from there....

i emptied the cache, everything seems to be working fine now, now, i have a question. What is the rosetta emulation mode in safari for? ive only used it for a downloading shockwave

running

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2006
hey, exactly (really exactly) this thing was happening to me recently! i was thinking of leaving safari, because opera or omniweb worked ... you know what helped?

it is kind of weird, but the only thing that helped was plugging out nework cable (like hard pulling off, not only in preferences, but also "in real"), then restarting router (all my macs and win pcs are connected via asus wl-500g) and it worked.

i dont know why. i dont understand the mystery. but after this, it suddenly worked.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
hey, exactly (really exactly) this thing was happening to me recently! i was thinking of leaving safari, because opera or omniweb worked ... you know what helped?

it is kind of weird, but the only thing that helped was plugging out nework cable (like hard pulling off, not only in preferences, but also "in real"), then restarting router (all my macs and win pcs are connected via asus wl-500g) and it worked.

i dont know why. i dont understand the mystery. but after this, it suddenly worked.

weird, i had to empty to the cache, and refresh the page, very strange

audiored

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2007
Des Moines, IA
So can anyone else view the flash player on the link below? A couple other friends cannot see view it on Safari either. So obviously I'm not alone. Anyone know why?

I cannot view the flash player on the page below in Safari, but I can in Firefox. I also tried it in Shiira. Same result as Safari. So is there some common problem with webkit? Can anyone else view the flash player in Safari?

I've done all the things mentioned above and in similar forums.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Scarborough_slams_Rudys_new_Xmas_political_1219.html

audiored

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2007
Des Moines, IA
I'm assuming that the G4 isn't running leopard? I've just had so many annoying issues since upgrading to leopard. Things like this safari issue and the more upsetting being the kernel panics that I've just posted about as well.

Worked fine on my Leopard G4 PowerBook. Will have to try on my Intel iMac.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I'm assuming that the G4 isn't running leopard?
Um, not trying to be insulting, but if you look at the post you quoted while saying this, it says "...my Leopard G4 PowerBook." So obviously yes.

And I've used Safari relatively frequently with both Leopard and Tiger before, and not seen any significant issues with it, nor has my wife ever complained, and she uses Safari exclusively and watches a lot of video, so it's obviously not a "standard" problem.

RawStory's video (and YouTube, and CollegeHumor, and YourFileHost's new embedded player, and every other Flash-based inline video player I've tried) works fine for me in Safari. In fact, since Camino chokes on Flip4Mac's WMV plugin and Safari doesn't, I end up using it as my "video" browser so I don't have to switch every time I run across some embedded WMV, and I have no complaints.

This doesn't help people with the OP's problem, of course, but it sounds from the solution that it's some sort of caching issue, and that is Safari's one weak point--it's really aggressive with caching, so if something weird gets in, it's harder than you'd think to get it out. I see that when testing sites I'm working on all the time. Makes for faster loads when all is well, I assume, but there's certainly a tradeoff.

voulisick

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
Youtube Problem

Hi there bluedoggiant,

I had the same problem at one stage with youtube in Safari and then I discovered it had something to do with the Australian branch of youtube.

I then tried to run the same video on both the Australian youtube and standard youtube.com, and only youtube.com worked. So maybe check if your browser is redirecting you a site other than youtube.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.