Youtube Search Broken?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Burning Radio, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Burning Radio macrumors regular

Hi, just encountered a really irritating problem this week and finally have time to ask you all what it could be. When I go to Youtube and use the search function, I don't get any videos in my results. The search terms I use are titles from videos that I know are on youtube, however they don't show up. I only get playlists with related videos but no videos alone. I'm attaching a screenshot of the problem.

I've tried running OnyX and repairing permissions, cleaning out the Cache, Temporary files and then restarting, but still have the same problem. I've Signed in and out of Youtube thinking it was that and still not any different. :confused:

I'm using Safari 5.0.2. Any suggestions? Would resetting PRAM work?

Attached Files:

2. occupant macrumors newbie

This is a new problem for me on all platforms the last few days. Not sure what the issue is and YouTube's wonderful help function is useless. I have replicated the problem in so many ways:

My everyday box, a Windows 7 laptop with current versions of Chrome, Firefox, IE8, and Opera, on 3 different IPs from 2 different locations.

Wife's Windows 7 desktop same browsers as above but 2 IPs at 1 location.

Kids' Windows XP Home desktop same browsers as above but IE6, Chrome, Firefox, 2 IPs, 1 location.

Windows XP Pro desktop up at school, IE6, all corporate and Dell-proprietary

Friend's Power Mac G3/400 running 10.2.8 in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome

Friend's iMac G5 C2D 1.66 running 10.4.6 in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, and IE

My poor old Dell GX260 running a fresh build of Puppy Linux 4.3 in Firefox and SeaMonkey.

I'm about to pull out my old System 7 IIsi with the monochrome display, 40 MB hard drive, and 9600bps modem and see if Netscape Navigator or IE4 will do the same. This is ridiculous.

I give up. This happens signed in or signed out, day or night, no matter what. Not sure when or if it will be fixed. As of now I use Google to search for the videos and then hope the other videos I want to see are showing up in related results in the right hand pane. Otherwise it's back to Google. Can't even find my own videos by name.