Youtube Search Results

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mangohippo, Oct 14, 2010.

1. mangohippo macrumors member

This has been an issue for me since back when I first had an iPod Touch (now using an iPhone 4). Typically when I go onto YouTube (app or website) I'm looking for a specific video. For instance, today I was looking for the music video for Gary Jules' cover of Mad World. My problem is 90% of the search results are videos of some random user doing his own cover. The actual video, the one with twenty-three million views, is nowhere to be found. This is a reoccurring problem especially when dealing with anything music related. Another example would be when I was looking up a Coldplay video and all of the results were some user submitted video just playing the song with Comic Sans font displaying the lyrics.

Is there any way to get search results showing "The Most Viewed" video or am I stuck receiving search results that involve teenage kids singing the song into their computer's built in mic?

2. qawes macrumors regular

qawes

Try adding the term 'official' to any keywords you use in searching for music videos.

3. mangohippo thread starter macrumors member

There's a problem with that. If you go onto the full Youtube site the actual "official" video doesn't have the world "official" in it. Most of the time it doesn't.

4. oBMTo macrumors 6502

Yeah, I have the same problems. I can never get the videos I want with he search function. The app needs a sort most viewed option.