YouTube slow buffering/ streaming

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MBX, Mar 2, 2010.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Hi

Anybody else with the YouTube app being really slow in streaming/ buffering videos? Then most of the time it halts the streaming completely. It's nearly unbearable and made me avoid to use the app really for many months now.

I'm on a 3GS and accessing YouTube via WiFi, i have a fast connection. So that's not the issue.

I believe i have read somewhere that it's some iPhone bug and could be fixed by altering some modem WiFi settings but it would cripple the speed for other stuff which of course for me isn't an option.

One option would be to use the YouTube app only when on the 3G network because then the streaming works although unfortunately the video quality is crap.

Any idea?

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

It's YouTube. They have been crazy slow everywhere (PC's,Mobile). I find it to be faster when its either really early in the morning or late at night.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, its youtube.
    Im connected to a 25MB connection thru wifi and still stops and goes.

4. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

But i don't really have these issues when watching YouTube clip via my MacBook Pro. The buffering/ streams are fairly well and don't stop either in the middle of the clip.

On the iPhone it's really unbearable and frustrating.

5. polotska macrumors 6502

Yes, I find YouTube to be unbearably slow at times.