Youtube slow video loading

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dimako83, Nov 15, 2010.

1. dimako83 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm encountering youtube stuttering issues when opening HD videos. It just freezes because it doesn't not load fast enough. I've tested this in few locations using different routers and internet connection but the results are the same. My internet is working fast enough (my download speed was 1.2MB when tested on my PC) but it seems that no matter what I'm doing youtube video just don't load fast enough.

Anybody has an idea or a solution for this? Am I the only one to encounter this problem?

2. chris566 macrumors regular

I find that YouTube videos usually blow on iOS devices. Some work. Some don't. A specific video may work today, but an hour later it won't. I just assumed that it was a flash content issue. I don't like YouTube anymore on my iPad or iPhone. I dont like the integrated youtube browser either. I'm over it. Small sacrifice for great products.

3. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

I think it was a few weeks ago that HD video on YouTube loaded up fast and played fine, but now more recently, they are very slow to load and start, and stop a lot in the YouTube app, especially video in Safari on iPad and in Mac OS X 10.6.5, also getting weird script errors. Seems like something changed, I did a test to see if it's my router or cable connection, and it's not those.

4. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

I forgot to mention, I also tested the Netflix iPad app which streams video, and it did not have any problems at all, it would seem, the problem is on the YouTube end of things.

5. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Lots of people have this trouble on iPad. Nobody knows if it's a problem on iOS itself, or on Youtube's end.