Youtube Subscriptions on iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mx356, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Mx356 macrumors member

Mx356

Picked up a new iPad today and had a question about Youtube. I searched the forum but didn't see anything.

So I noticed while using the app or while visiting Youtube on Safari and watching a video from your subscriptions that it doesn't go away after watching it and just stays in the new videos section. But after watching it on my Macbook Pro it goes away after watching it. Is there a fix to this or is it just an ongoing issue?

Thanks for any help.

2. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Mobile YouTube just isn't very polished. Heck, they even try to sneak the most popular videos into my sub list so i'll watch them. I hated Shane Dawson the first 5 times I saw him, I won't like him the 6th time.

If you're jailbroken, check out the "ProTube" tweak, much better than anything google has put out yet. It's funny how much can be fixed with a jailbreak, and without the cost of performance. Why does apple hate it so much?

3. max53389 macrumors member

Referring to the part about how protube beats what google put out, all protube does is takes out the ads (not the video ads) and a YouTube downloader all around Google's mobile YouTube website (m.youtube.com). Just saying. Seems people think protube made the actual look of the website.

Back to the topic, YouTube has stopped doing this on their mobile website for about a year now. It's annoying because I forget what I already watched and the ones I haven't. No getting around it at the moment.