Youtube suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by StruckANerve, Sep 21, 2009.

1. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Hi everybody. Sometime last week Youtube videos stopped loading for me and I can't figure out what happened. Other flash videos work just fine and I have cleared my cache and all cookies and for some reason the videos won't load. I have tried both Firefox and Safari. Safari will barely load the site at all and Firefox will go to videos but won't play them.

The image of what the video is will load but once I click play it just sits there with the small circle spinning. The only change I made to my internet was that I setup WEP encryption. If someone could help me out on what I should test or change to fix this I would appreciate it.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you tried reinstallling/upgrading your flash player or browsers?

3. StruckANerve thread starter macrumors 6502

I've got all the most current versions of everything. I was a bit confused when I went to try and uninstall. What file do I remove? I wasn't sure because of the plugins and stuff. I'm not the best with computers but I am a fast learner.

4. mac2x macrumors 65816

Funny; I've been having problems with YT as well, in both Safari and Firefox in 10.5.8. Sometimes the videos just won't load. I attributed it to YT's problems since no other flash content was problematic.