youtube to iPhone4 to TV

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nduttonca, Jan 15, 2011.

1. nduttonca macrumors newbie

I have the connector to play my iphone4 video to the TV. However, only the sound comes through, not the picture. What am I doing wrong?

Also was wondering how to get a YouTube video onto my computer and then make it into a DVD?

Nancy D

2. GADeputy macrumors newbie

GADeputy

Chances are that your cable isn't supported by the version firmware that your iPhone is on. Most AV cables only work on firmware 3.1.3 and below.
    If you're phone is jailbroken you can go to Cydia and install Resupported 4 and that will allow the firmware to support your cable. Resupported 4 is $3.99 on Cydia but comes with a 10 day trial version. DO NOT install the cracked version of Resupported 4 because it does NOT work and has been causing some peoples phones to lock up.
    Resupported 4 will allow you to display your videos, youtube, and most video/movie streaming sites to show on your tv. If you want everything from your springboard, including most apps and games, to show up on your tv you will also need to install an app called TVOut2 Mirror TVOut. It's also in Cydia and it's free.
    If you're phone is not jailbroken then there's really nothing you can do except return your cable to where you purchased it.

3. nduttonca thread starter macrumors newbie

My cable connects to my headphone jacks

I read somewhere that the iPhone 4 requires the av cable that connects from the power jack to the TV.
    Someone had suggested that I change the settings on my iPhone at:
    iPod, TV out, widescreen to ON. I did that but it didn't make any difference.

I'm guessing that the cable I have just doesn't work with my iPhone. I will go to Target and get the cable that does NOT connect to my headphone jack.

Thanks.