YouTube to MP3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr West, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Mr West macrumors member

Mr West

Quick, small (maybe even stupid) question;

I never owned a Mac, but I'm looking to buy one so now I'm wondering:
    Is it easy to convert MP3 to YouTube, in a safe, hassle-free, quality way?

Thanks in advance.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I use Wondershare. I think it cost $20, but it's been well worth it.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G3

There are extensions for Safari, Firefox (and other browsers, as well) that will enable you to download youtube videos in flv or mp4 formats (audio and video).

This is what I do, and then I just "drag and drop" the mp4's into "All2MP3" (small freeware app) that converts them to mp3 for me.

There may even be extensions that will convert the downloaded files to mp3 "on the fly", but I haven't tried them.

I'm probably taking "an extra step" too many, but this is what works best for me.

4. Mr West thread starter macrumors member

Mr West

Thanks for the replies. I'm familiar with the website, but wasn't sure if it was Mac-friendly.
    Still I must say, I am very grateful for the responses, but they are one of the reasons I am reluctant to switch to Mac.
    With my windows pc there are plenty of easy and free options. First two answers here:
    - cost $20,-
    or
    - hassle (fair enough, not too much, but still...)

5. drpod macrumors newbie

Hey! The site you need is called Offliberty. Lets you download MP3 or videos easily and free, without clunky software.

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I have been extremely delighted with 4K Downloader. Not only for downloading videos, and audio only, but it also supports playlists.

7. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

MEDIAHUMAN

I love that I can just paste a URL and it will (1) convert the video into mp3 or any other output I want (2) move the newly converted song into whatever folder I want it in (3) add it to my itunes and even into a playlist if I want it to (4) delete the video file from my computer only leaving the mp3 -- I also love that it will do these 4 steps with playlist and it does not take forever to download the mp3s. There is something called TurboBoost that you can buy to allow you to download faster, but its really not needed. I can download 5 songs at once. If you do want TurboBoost join MEDIAHUMAN Facebook/Twitter page. They post a free TurboBoost code every month. I personally will make a large playlist of 100+ songs that I want throughout the month and then run the MEDIAHUMAN app when I am in the shower or something. A lot of the time the program also pulls the correct Metadata for the song (year, artist, track name) and populate it into the correct iTune fields too.

8. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I use vidtomp3.com for youtube to .mp3 conversion .. quick n simple...

9. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

I can't believe no one mentioned DVDvideosoft - http://www.dvdvideosoft.com

It's been a popular FREE video/audio downloader on Windows for a decade now. Mac version has become available since last year or so.

I occasionally use it. I am always satisfied. It also detects playlists. So it will automatically download all the audio files form the playlists. There are some audio quality options, but I am not sure if they actually do make difference though:

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 1.46.02 PM.png

Just copy and paste YouTube URL onto that window, and hit "download." Your audio file will be downloaded.