Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Glasgow area, Scotland
is anyone else finding YouTube really really slow? I'm in the UK and my adsl 2+ sync's at about 6meg but YouTube videos on my touch take ages to buffer like 5 minutes for a long video and then they often stall as the playback catches up with the buffer. I can't say for sure but it seems worse since upgrading to ver2 but it might just be that I'm using YouTube more.

I don't have any trouble playing the streams on the BBC iplayer

Graham

MacinJosh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Finland
is anyone else finding YouTube really really slow? I'm in the UK and my adsl 2+ sync's at about 6meg but YouTube videos on my touch take ages to buffer like 5 minutes for a long video and then they often stall as the playback catches up with the buffer. I can't say for sure but it seems worse since upgrading to ver2 but it might just be that I'm using YouTube more.

Graham

Ye, same problems here. I can't watch a thing. I'd need to wait several minutes for it to buffer up.

Joshua.

timestoby

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
north devon,uk
i wonder if its supposed to be that slow. i dont have one yet.but one reason i was gonna get one was cause of the fast loading of the pages.i thought youtube would be loading as fast as ur connection etc. but since its not then i might not get one lol

Harmush

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Liverpool
its not too bad for me today. it does do it from time to time here tho.

could it be the area or something? or maybe your bandwidth is low or something, its normally something simple like that for me.

i normally find anyway.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
No problem here

I don't seem to have any problems with YouTube on my iPod touch as of this writing. I'm in Canada, if that might help to pinpoint the problem in any way.

Ezra12

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Burbank, CA

Graham

Some videos are slower than other because they have better quality. I think thats the reason it goes slow.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.