YouTube Troubles

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Quadpattie, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Quadpattie, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

Quadpattie macrumors member

Hi there,
    My 2010 White MacBook is driving me crazy, so I hope someone can give me a little guidance. This problem has only started occurring recently, it's struggling to play SD YouTube videos without missing frames and stalling. HD video is out of the question, it will just crash Safari within the first second of playing.

I found that resetting Safari fixes the problem, but this is not a long term solution and will just comes back after a day or two. Does anybody have some suggestions that could perhaps fix this?

2. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

Sounds like a Flash issue. Adobe Flash is in all videos on YT.
    Have you tried another browser like Opera, or Mozilla? Does the same thing happen? If so, go here: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=56115
    Chances are it's not your machine, but that it does not have the right flash player installed. Try another browser, and let me know what happens.

3. antseg macrumors member

4. Quadpattie thread starter macrumors member

Hi, sorry for the late reply. It turns out the version of Flash Player I had installed was playing up. So a re-download and install worked like a charm. I appreciate the help anyway, thanks.