YouTube unresponsive/stutters MBP 13 mid 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PeteyV, Feb 6, 2012.

1. PeteyV macrumors member

I'm not exactly sure if anyone can help me with this but my MBP is very slow when I'm playing YouTube videos. The videos stutter and then audio sometimes is off sync with the video. I noticed this after installing OSX Lion and I'm trying to steer away from doing a clean install because I really do not have any device to backup my laptop with as of yet. I first thought maybe my computer was becoming dated but everything else on it runs fine and loads just as fast as it did day one when I took it out of the box. Any trouble shooting tips I can look at possibly? Thanks.

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

Is it your internet connection? If not, then welcome to the CPU cycle eating flash. what browser are you using? you can install flashblock, then just enable what you want to watch. that should improve it slightly.

You should probably get something to back up your MBP though; you're tempting fate by not having it.

3. Gomff macrumors 6502a

Are you inadvertantly part of the HTML 5 testing?

Go to: http://www.youtube.com/html5 and check to make sure. I was having the same problem and it was because movies were playing back using HTML 5 which was buggy in Firefox. Might be the same thing.

4. PeteyV thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded firefox and youtube works perfect. It only seems to be an issue when using Safari. My internet connections is fine I had already troubleshot that. Maybe it is something to do with the HTML 5 testing. Ill look more into it.

5. PeteyV thread starter macrumors member

You were right. I havent heard much about HTML 5 testing. Whats the point of it? If anyone minds to inform me.

Attached Files: