Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
Hey all,

I took a video today on my 4s, trimmed it on the phone, and then put it into iPhoto. I uploaded the vid to YouTube and when i choose to watch in 720 or 1080 it plays it upside down?? If the video plays in 360 or 480 it plays right side up. Im stumped. I took the video with the volume buttons facing up in landscape mode. I don't upload much to YouTube, but this has never happened. Any ideas???????

NachoGrande

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
You were holding the phone upside down whe you shot the movie. The home buttons needs to me on the right side. That's how I always remember.

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
So even if the orientation showing on the display is right, the volume buttons have to be down when shooting video in order for it to upload to YouTube right? How does that explain the video showing right in lower quality, but upside down in HD?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
It's a known issue with ios5, orientation of pics and vids doesn't always translate properly. Not all services read the EXIF data properly. Hopefully everyone (Apple and/or services like YouTube and Facebook) will get this straightened out soon.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
So even if the orientation showing on the display is right, the volume buttons have to be down when shooting video in order for it to upload to YouTube right? How does that explain the video showing right in lower quality, but upside down in HD?

Some software will flip the image over automatically. Looks like Youtube won't. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.