YouTube useless

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcfadyen, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mcfadyen macrumors regular

Yes. I did search. I remember seeing something about this, but think it might have been a different forum.

Anyone else finding YouTube useless? It takes forever to load and I have a good high speed connection. Is it a wifi issue? Or is it the YouTube app itself? Regardless, I find that I can't use it and if I want to see a video, I call it up on my MB.

2. ballen420 macrumors 6502

Wow. This is the first I've heard about this.

3. virx macrumors member

Probably your wifi connection problem. Works very well for me, same speed as on desktop.

4. p-rice macrumors regular

YouTube is incredibly fast on my iPad. So no, not useless.

5. Ramiarna macrumors member

Ramiarna

Same here. YouTube is extremely slow that it became almost useless. I tho ot is because it defaults to HQ. They should give us the option to choose the quality.

6. mcfadyen thread starter macrumors regular

Just did a speed test. 693 kilobits/second.
    Not sure it's a speed problem. Could wifi be kicking in and out constantly? I often see the signal indicator disappear and reappear.

7. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Personally, I think Youtube is just flaky sporadically and inconsistently. Sometimes it loads quickly and sometimes it just stalls (iPad or desktop, it doesn't matter). And I have a rock solid 20 megabit connection. I can do a speed test and get 18+ Mbps and still have Youtube stall.

8. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

It's kind of hit and miss. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't.

BTW, there are at least 5 or 6 other topics about this. In fact there was one yesterday with the exact same title :)