YouTube username/password invalid when sharing a video

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Drew017, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

I've tried to upload a few videos to youtube via the Share Button in Quicktime

[​IMG]

but when I try to share it Quicktime uploads the video, but then says that my username and password for youtube is invalid. Not sure what to do :confused:

2. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

Have you tried re-entering your user and password into the accounts panel in System preferences, or just uploading directly through YouTube's website?

Cheers

3. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

There is no option for Youtube in System preferences. And yes, uploading through Youtube works fine, just not directly from my Mac. Not sure why though, cause it's worked fine before. :confused:

4. nomadjack macrumors newbie

Same deal

I'm having the same problem. Log in and out on the web okay but now iMovie and quicktime keep saying invalid everything. Worked fine up until a few weeks ago. So frustrating

5. PracticalMac, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Same issue here with iPhone iOS 5.1

EDIT, NM, working now.

6. futnuh macrumors newbie

I suspect this could be related to Google now requiring use of one's email address (rather than username) for YouTube login. There might have been a corresponding change to the web-services API that Quicktime hasn't yet implemented. Guessing, obviously, but this used to work for me … and doesn't any longer.