YouTube veiwing on iPhone question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ILBandit, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ILBandit macrumors regular

I just uploaded 4 videos to youtube, I went to the links of the videos on my iphone, and only 1 of the 4 would play on it.

One gave me an error message of "this movie could not be played"

and Two of them gave me an error message "Video Unavailable...This video does not currently support iPhone"

But one of them plays just fine on my iPhone.

Any idea why 1 of the 4 will play, but the others won't??

I uploaded them all back to back tonight, all from the same camera / format.

:confused::confused::confused:

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

How long has it been? Have you tried viewing the videos on a computer? They could still be processing through Youtube.

3. ILBandit thread starter macrumors regular

It's been a few hours. They seem to work fine on the computer, but I know it was taking a while for the thumbnail to show up. Maybe I'll try them again in the morning, and see if it works then. ??

4. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Do that unless someone else posts a reason. Also make sure you try restarting your phone.

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

not all youtube videos are available on the iphone .. they need to be specially encoded

if you want to try this use safari on your iPhone and go to Youtube.. don't use the mobile version, you will need to use the full web version

then search for your video, you will probably find your video, but it will not play on your iPhone.

6. usafcion macrumors newbie

video unavailable

Hello,
    What you will have to do is log in to your YouTube account on your computer and go to the video you want to view on your iPhone. Once there, click edit. From there, look to the left of the screen and you will see the different customizable fields for your video. Towards the bottom there is an option called Syndication; click there. By default it is on "No, this video should not be available on mobile phones and TV."; just change it to "Yes" and there ya go.:)

7. bleac9429 macrumors newbie

heja

hey ;) i tried the same thing and apperantly it takes 24h for u to view the movies on ur iphone youtube, even if u can already view them on ur computer.

8. usafcion macrumors newbie

@bleac9429. Yes you are correct, uploading a video from your iPhone does take 24 hours to encode and convert to be viewable on your iPhone, but uploading from a computer, you have to make sure the syndication is set to yes for mobile devices. If your problem is with the first thing then yes,bleac is right.:D