YouTube Video Converter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mbopy22, May 7, 2010.

1. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Hi
    Does anyone know of a good, FREE, app for youtube video converstions?
    So I can download them and convert the .flv to an iTunes format that can be played in my iPhone?

Handbrake says it can´t, I´ve been able to do it, but it is slow, and complex to do so with Handbrake.

I do have iSquint and Visual Hub but they´re both giving me an error report after I isntalled Snow Leopard.

Please advice.

I did search the forum, but all answers are towards isquint or visualhub

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

ClickToFlash allows you to save YT videos in their original .mp4 format, which iTunes can take.

There are also several online converters, which you can use and find by using a web search engine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

I use iMovie HD in combination with the Perian-plugin.

Simply download the .flv (there are free FireFox-addons which do this: a good example is DownloadHelper)

If you don't have Perian, download it here and install it.
    Then, when you have your .flv, open it in iMovie HD. It takes a while to load, since you can edit it frame-by-frame.
    You don't have to edit anything, just the possibility is there.
    When done importing the .flv, just export it to the extension you need it. (File > Export)
    I don't know if it also works with iMovie 2009. :(

Note that iMovie HD =/= iMovie 2008/2009. It's an older version. Apple had it as a free download a while ago, now not anymore. (Just checked) You can find it on the web, though... (legal torrents, perhaps?)

4. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

I was going to reccomand jdownloader, but if you need a free piece of software, you probably won't use the main purpose of it...just get tubetv

5. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

thaaaanks

tubetV is very nice and does the work, however I do miss iSquint and VisualHub, since they´re almost automatic.

But thanks, I´ll use tuveTv

6. Wheelie4 macrumors regular

Wheelie4

7. steveoc macrumors regular

This isn't free, but for $6 in the next 4 hrs http://www.mupromo.com/deal/1182/4438/cosmopod
    is available very slick. This can be done via Safari's Activity Monitor and with Mpeg Streamslip for free, but this saves steps and is well worth the price if you download videos regularly.

After the promotion, it costs $11.50.