Youtube Video Corruption After Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kyro, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Kyro macrumors newbie

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Perhaps you would like to describe the problem so people understand what you are trying to find out.

3. Kyro thread starter macrumors newbie

just general corruption such as off colours and pixelation.

4. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

nope , watched kitchen nightmare re-runs last night for hours , no problems at all

5. tonybeyondo macrumors member

No problems for me either- could be the videos you're trying to watch?

6. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

That describes YouTube as a whole already :p Such bad quality...

7. JoshHerrick macrumors newbie

I find that Battery Strength, and Wireless Strength also relate to this problem. If either one is low strength, videos will be choppy, pixalated, and have trouble loading.

8. JoshHerrick macrumors newbie

I find that Battery Strength, and Wireless Strength also relate to this problem. If either one is low strength, videos will be choppy, pixalated, and have trouble loading.

9. tehsuck macrumors newbie

Yes. I had this problem, but I think it was related to the NES emulator crashing. Have you been running that? Try rebooting the iPod -that seemed to clear it up for me.

10. Silkcharm macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

I chose an video you might know - this is from a downloaded (iTunes not online YouTube) video of Rihanna "Umbrella". I also chose this video because it's primarily in black and white - the image should be black hair - but it's coloured and pixellated. Her hand is blue and red and parts of her hair are blue and red too.

I have no cracks or anything else running on my iPod Touch. If I do a full reset it's fine for a short time (an hour or so?) and then back to funny colours. Fotos seem to be ok, it's moving images that have a problem.

EDIT: I forgot to say, some videos look as though they have shifted 1/2 an inch - people's right shoulder appear in the left part of the screen like a "wraparound".

EDIT (fix): The fix for me was to do a restart. I found out that you don't just click the Sleep/Wake button (gimme a break, it's new. :) ) but "To turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPod touch." (from Apple site). Worked for me.

11. iamdavor macrumors newbie

I've had that problem too. On my home wireless network its fine but is scrambled on my schools wireless network. The network has no blocks either so I don't think that's the cause either.

12. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The smae thing happened to the demo units down at the Apple Store, and after it did I played a video on the iPod itself (not YouTube) and it still happened, but reboot and it should be fine.