YouTube video statistics are thoroughly creepy.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tzhu07, Oct 26, 2012.

1. tzhu07 macrumors regular

tzhu07

Where are all of you middle age male Justin Bieber fans in here? Well, show yourselves.

[​IMG]

2. 184550 Guest

For all we know the percentages might break down something like:

Female, 13-17- 99%
    Male, 13-17- 0.5%
    Male, 35-44- 0.3%

etc...

I would wager a fair amount of the 'Male, 35-44' category are fathers interested in what their daughters are watching or similar.

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

How do they get those ages? Because when I was 14-15 I made fake accounts for things saying I was anywhere from 18 to 60 just so I could watch restricted content.

Or kids watching Youtube on a computer their parents are singed into gmail on.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

They're probably all lil' 13 yr old girls watching Justin vids on Daddy's laptop ;)

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Considering google has previously thought I was 10-20 years older than I am base on my browsing, I doubt the accuracy of those numbers. On the other hand, have you considered that many people browsing you tube might not be the same people browsing regularly, thus skewing google's demographics estimates? Consider the case of a child browsing on their parent's computer. Then there is simply the case of 40 yr old men who like Beiber. Surely that isn't that surprising? Since they give no real percentages it is hard to draw any conclusions.