YouTube Videos Distorted

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cvstos, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Cvstos macrumors member

I'm trying to watch YouTube videos while at my folks' house and they're severely distorted. Only YouTube videos seem to be effected. There's severe color distortion, and the whole video seems to be moved to the right (the right edge appears on the left side).

Anyone ever hear of this? Is there a known solution?

2. Koebi macrumors newbie

Koebi

What videos were you watching? It might be the video quality on YouTube's side. Also, what firmware, etc do you have running? Maybe I can recreate the problem.

3. Cvstos thread starter macrumors member

Up to date except the $20 package, and it affected all YT videos. I bounced around the site at random just to prove to myself that all the YT videos were effected.

4. Koebi macrumors newbie

Koebi

That's really strange, I've never seen a problem like that before. Anyone else seen this before?

5. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I did read about this somehwere, but I can't remember the specific thread. I'm pretty sure the individual reset the router and all was fixed.

6. Cvstos thread starter macrumors member

Not a router issue. I'm back home now and it's still doing it.

Two Wifi sources, same problem.

7. wewtfAce macrumors newbie

omg this is wierd. my ipod touch works perfectly fine and my friends ipod touch gets DARK and Multicolor distortions on his videos as well.