YouTube videos frequently not playing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bi4fship, Apr 5, 2012.

1. bi4fship macrumors newbie

I've been having problems with playing YouTube videos in Safari recently. It only happens on the website itself (the same video on Facebook works) and on random videos.

What happens is that I get a black video box with a swirling center (see image)
    screen-capture-5.png

The it continues doing this while 'playing' for 4 seconds and then goes back to the beginning and starting again. Constant loop.

Not doing this in other browsers.

Can someone help me out with this?

2. Benson11 macrumors regular

Benson11

It happens sometimes. But first make sure that you have got the latest flash player. Or you are facing problems with YouTube server itself as you have mentioned that it is not with other browsers.

3. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

You may want to check your YouTube settings go to http://www.youtube.com/html5

See if you are in the HTML5 trial. If you are then there is a good chance that is the source of the problem. I had a lot of issues with YouTube freezing / stuttering, until I turned it off. A number of other people had a similar issue and it looks like the HTML5 trial was the cause.

Youtube Safari.png

4. bi4fship thread starter macrumors newbie

James thanks I think that has solved my problem. Probably has as a video that wouldn't play yesterday is playing fine now. Thanks