Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
YouTube videos missing on Apple TV but available on ios

The channel can dictate which device can see which video. The channel admin is preventing you from seeing the video on AppleTV.

Why you ask? Notice there are no ads on ATV YouTube. Suffice it to say it all comes down to the almighty dollar. Also copyright issues and intellect property etc plays a roll I'm sure.

AirPlay from an iOS device is the best solution I've found.

davidoloan

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
That is weird because the channel in question, Jay Lenos Garage allowed the two after the porsche video linked to to be available on Apple TV, and then the latest one wasn't available again.

Also Jay Lenos Garage don't currently have ads on the official IOS youtube app.

Maybe you are right and the uploaders are just making an administrative mistake, but I don't know............ It is happening a lot now and it never used to.

I don't think copyright / IP type issues would be the reason with this particular channel and those particular videos.

It is annoying, I have already stopped using the Apple TV for Video Podcasts.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
That is weird because the channel in question, Jay Lenos Garage allowed the two after the porsche video linked to to be available on Apple TV, and then the latest one wasn't available again.

Also Jay Lenos Garage don't currently have ads on the official IOS youtube app.

Maybe you are right and the uploaders are just making an administrative mistake, but I don't know............ It is happening a lot now and it never used to.

I don't think copyright / IP type issues would be the reason with this particular channel and those particular videos.

It is annoying, I have already stopped using the Apple TV for Video Podcasts.

It's very annoying I know trust me. I'm an all AppleTV person (cut cable) so I'm a subscriber to 45-50 YouTube channels that I watch nearly daily and quite a few don't get updated on my AppleTV. Or just select videos are missing OR a video will be on there for a while then disappear.

This started happening when YouTube and Google+ merged or whatever it is they did now.

I have talked to certain people on this form that upload a lot to YouTube and they have confirmed being able to select devices.

I'm just glad I can AirPlay the content so easily and the quality is so good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.