YouTube videos not loading

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jjk454ss, Jul 11, 2013.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I had this in beta 2 and it's still the case in beta 3, YouTube videos don't always load. Most of the time I get the little loading spinner and the video won't load. This is with videos in Safari or in apps like tweet bot, not sure about in the YouTube app itself.

2. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I've had the issue across the board. If closing and reopening whatever you're using doesn't work, I've just been rebooting the phone and it works again for awhile. Doesn't seem much of a hassle since I barely use it.

3. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

Might wanna check out McTube Pro app. I find that it's usually more reliable than the YouTube app itself.

4. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

The advertisement at the bottom of McTube bothers me. Delete.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Jasmine is also something to take a look at..

6. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

No new issues with YouTube on iOS 7 for me so far (other than the overlapping taskbar).

However, I often find videos that stutter or refuse to play on my phones (always been the case, even since iOS 5). Most videos work fine, but then some just plain don't load, or stop loading after only partially playing the video. I don't get it. It must be something to do with the YouTube's mobile buffering... I really have no idea. It's quite annoying though.

7. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I haven't tried these other apps, the YouTube app is ok, it's always the videos in Safari and also in Tweetbot.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yeah, I've had that in all versions of iOS. I turn off WiFi and go to cellular and it works fine every time. Go figure.

9. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Mine doesn't work well on either, but next time it won't work I'll try switching yo the other and see if it works.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Good luck! It's frustrating because my connectivity and network are solid. I'll run to a desktop and play it no problem. I see other people occasionally mention the same thing. I'm not much for absolutes, but I've never had a problem using cellular data.