YouTube videos right into Safari

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ThatsMeRight, Mar 9, 2010.

?

Do you like the fact that you can play YouTube videos right in the Safari browser?

1. Yes, I do.

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, I don't.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Not sure... yet.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

So, how do you feel about it?

We now all know there's a native app to play YouTube video's, but you also will be able to just play YouTube video's in the Safari browser without opening the native YouTube app.

I think it's kinda awesome. How do you feel about this?

2. GadgetX macrumors regular

I didn't know you were able to do this... did it say so in the keynote?

Edit: I think this is a good feature regardless. I always thought it was kind of annoying that safari or any other app would have to close in order to play a youtube video. On a related note the youtube app looks pretty slick, can't wait to try it out for real!

3. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

Yea, if you choose to use the HTML5 version of YouTube it will just play right in the browser.

You know these journalists who got hands-on right after the keynote. I saw it in one video (the journalist even mentioned it), and I believe it's also in the iPad emulator.

4. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

I actually quite like when videos open into the dedicated YouTube app; It's nicely designed, there aren't any annoying ads anywhere, and it's designed and built specifically for watching video.

But I do like that you have the option, of course!